The career preparation course gives a head start to tertiary students on preparing for the career of their choice! Learners will acquire skills in the following areas:
- Job search strategies,
- Resume and cover letter writing,
- Grooming and social etiquette, and
- Interview skills.
Learners will be made aware of the need for excellent communication skills to secure a job. They will be trained to manage career assessment practices and the general expectations of recruiters, HR personnel and interviewers.
- Search for appropriate jobs
- Create a concise and effective resume and cover letter
- Exemplify the impact of first impressions in interviews
- Hone professional image and social etiquette skills
- Harness the power of effective communication skills and body language in an interview